Note that throughout the Terms and Conditions, plural forms of the capitalised terms are used, and have the same meaning as given below.
Account: means the EquiComps entry or entries
Charity/Charities: means the charities or charitable causes that may be specified by EquiComps for particular Competition.
Charitable Donation: means the percentage of the total EquiComps Ticket sales for a Competition that will be paid to the Charity or Charities specified by EquiComps.
Closing Date: means the date on which a Competition closes.
Competition: means any competition operated by EquiComps on its Website to which these Terms and Conditions apply, wherein the Entrants submit Entries for a chance to win Prize(s).
Draw: means the random selection of an Entry from the class of total entries, that occurs on the relevant Competition’s Draw Date to determine the Winner.
Draw Date: means the date at which the Draw takes place, which will be the earlier of the Closing Date of the relevant Competition, or the point that the Competition is sold out. If the Closing Date is extended pursuant to specific wording in the description of a Competition, the Draw Date will be extended also, maintaining the same parameters stipulated within this definition.
Entrant: means any natural person (not including a limited company, partnership or limited liability partnership) who validly submits an Entry in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
Entry: means a validly submitted and completed entry by the Entrant through the Website in order to gain an opportunity to win a Prize.
Entry Fee: means the entry fee payable as a condition of submitting a valid Entry. The fee will be stated clearly for each Competition and may vary between Competitions.
Prize: refers to the good or service so specified in each Competition that a Winner of that Competition may receive. The Prize to be awarded to the Winner cannot be substituted for any Prize of equivalent value, such as a cash prize, at the request of the Winner. EquiComps reserves the right to offer a cash alternative to the Prize specified in the Competition, and to offer a Prize of equal or greater value if for some reason the Prize is no longer available due to circumstances outside the Entrant’s control.
Prize Value: means the description of the value of a Prize of a Competition.
Product: means a goods or service offered by EquiComps.
Promoter: means EquiComps, which is the trading name of EquiComps Ltd, company number 42108021, whose registered office address is 1 FISHER LANE, BINGHAM NG13 8BQ
EquiComps Partner: refers to a company or private individual that enters into an agreement with EquiComps to provide one or more Products.
EquiComps Tickets: means the virtual tickets that Users purchase in order to enter into a Competition.
Reserve Level: means a certain number of EquiComps Tickets, which may be specified for a Competition in the description (but is irrelevant if not specified). If a Reserve Level is specified and not met by the Competition’s Closing Date, EquiComps will, at its sole discretion, either give the Prize(s) to the Winner, extend the closing date or return all Entries.
Visitor: means any unique visitor that is a natural person (not including a limited company, partnership or limited liability partnership) to the EquiComps Website.
Website: means https://www.EquiComps.co.uk and all sub-domains attached to this domain.
Winner: means the Entrant first selected by the Draw on the Draw Date, and in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
The following Terms and Conditions apply to all purchases of EquiComps Ticket Entries.
When entering EquiComps, Entrants may be required to tick that they have read and accepted these Terms and Conditions and agreed to be bound by them.
- All prizes are sourced by EquiComps and EquiComps is authorised to offer their respective Product(s) as Prizes in the Competitions.
How to enter
- By submitting an online entry, Entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. If you do not so agree to be bound, do not purchase EquiComps Tickets, and do not submit an Entry.
- To validly purchase EquiComps Tickets and validly enter a Competition, entry must be received before the Closing Date stipulated on each competition OR the point that the Competition sells out – whichever comes first – to be entered into that Competition.
- Entry of EquiComps competitions shall be processed by PayPal. The payment must be received by EquiComps in pounds sterling only.
- By entering a competition, EquiComps will hold your email address and, if applicable, contact number. The personal information must include details of at least one form of contact and will be used for the following purposes: to notify any Winner that they have won a Prize in a Competition;
- All Entrants are solely and completely responsible for providing EquiComps with accurate and current contact details.
- EquiComps will be in no way liable for any failure or inability to make contact with any Entrant due to any errors, omissions or inaccuracies in the contact details provided by the Entrants or otherwise.
- EquiComps will not accept responsibility for Entries that are lost, mislaid, damaged or delayed in transit, regardless of cause including, for example, equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind; or
- any other purported proof of entry to the Competition other than as recorded by the systems of the Website.
- An Entry shall be declared void (without any refund being given) if the Entrant engages in:
- any form of fraud
- fraudulent misrepresentation;
- fraudulent concealment;
- hacking or interference with the proper functioning of the Website ; or
- amending, or unauthorised use of, any code that constitutes the Website.
- Each individual Entrant may submit up to the maximum number of entries specified in total for any one particular Competition, through any combination of online Entry.
- The Entry Fee must be paid for each Entry or multiple therefore, up to the maximum per individual entry allowed for that particular Competition.
- Only valid Entries will be entitled to participate in a Competition and be eligible to win a Prize in a Competition.
- All funds deposited in the EquiComps account, and all Entries to any one Competition are final. Refunds shall not be given at any time.
- Competitions are open for entry only to private individuals (i.e., not companies or businesses) aged 18 (eighteen) or over and residing in Great Britain, excluding EquiComps and their employees.
- In entering a Competition, all Entrants confirm that they are eligible to do so and eligible to claim any Prize awarded in the relevant Competition. EquiComps may require any Entrant, including any Winner to provide evidence that they are and were eligible to enter a particular Competition.
- EquiComps will not accept and will not refund Entries that are:
- automatically generated by computer;
- completed by third parties;
- paid for using a PayPal account or debit/credit card belonging to someone other than the Entrant, unless authorised to do so;
- EquiComps reserves all rights to disqualify Entrants if their conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the Competition entered.
- Entries on behalf of another private individual will not be accepted, and joint submissions are not allowed.
- By entering the Competition, Entrants warrant that all information that they submit is accurate, true, current and complete. EquiComps reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant (entirely at their discretion) if there are reasonable grounds to believe the Entrant has acted in breach of any of these Terms and Conditions.
- EquiComps reserves the right to remove or suspend an Entrant at any time and for any reason. Without limiting the preceding sentence, EquiComps shall be entitled to cancel or suspend an Entrants entry if:
- The Entrant has become bankrupt;
- EquiComps considers that the Entrant has used the Website in a fraudulent manner or for illegal and/or unlawful or improper purposes;
- EquiComps considers that the Entrant has used the Website in an unfair manner, has deliberately cheated or taken unfair advantage of;
- EquiComps is requested to do so by the police, any regulatory authority or court;
- EquiComps considers that any of the events referred to in ‘a.’ to ‘d.’ may have occurred or are likely to occur.
Prizes and the Draw
- The Winner for each Competition will be determined and awarded the relevant Competition Prize(s) so specified on the Website in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- The Draw to determine the Winner will be made on the Draw Date.
- Unless otherwise specified in the description under a Competition, EquiComps will never extend the Closing Date for any Competition.
- Unless otherwise specified in the description under a Competition, the Prize will always be given away on the Closing Date.
- On a Competition’s Draw Date there will be a Draw to determine the Winner, and the Prize shall be awarded to the Winner;
- If any Winner cannot be contacted by EquiComps within 21 (twenty-one) days of being notified of their status as the Winner by e-mail and/or telephone outlined in the contact details submitted in their Entry, EquiComps shall be entitled to award their Prize to the Entrant next Drawn. Any alternate Winner shall likewise comply with the above 21 (twenty-one) day contact requirement.
- EquiComps shall take all reasonable steps to ensure and preserve the random nature of the Draw but shall not be required to comply with any particular regulatory or other standards in this respect. The Draw will be operated by the Lottery function used on the website and through a random ticket selection, however EquiComps may operate the Draw in any reasonable way and may change the Draw process at any time. The result(s) of the Draw are final and EquiComps shall not enter into any correspondence in relation to the same.
- In exceptional cases, such as where EquiComps is to award a particularly high-value Prize or suspects that these Terms and Conditions have not been adhered to, the Winner may be required to forward personal identification to EquiComps to prove their identity, that their Entry was made in accordance with these Terms and Conditions, and that there is no lawful impediment (pursuant to any applicable UK or international law) to the being awarded any Prize in the relevant Competition. In the event that EquiComps reasonably believes that there may be a lawful impediment to awarding a Prize to a Winner, EquiComps may suspend making such award until the legal issue is resolved.
- EquiComps does not in any way guarantee or give any warranties as to the value of the Prize, its condition, history or any other matters associated with the Prize.
- EquiComps reserves the right to remove a Competition from the Website at any time, and in the rare event that this occurs, will refund all the Entries to that Competition to the Entrants.
- EquiComps will donate 10% (ten percent) of the value of each Entry to a Charity.
Announcement of Winners
- EquiComps has the right to announce and publish any of the information pertaining to any Competition’s Winner on the Website via email marketing campaigns, as well as on the social media pages/sites, such as Facebook and Instagram. Any Winner shall cooperate with and participate in EquiComps reasonable publicity requests. In the case of failure of the Winner to participate in the Promoter’s reasonable publicity requests, such as obtaining a picture of the Winner with their Prize, EquiComps reserves the right to retake possession and ownership of the Prize, or recover the full cost of the prize.
Limitation of Liability
- Insofar as is permitted by law, EquiComps, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate any Entrant or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of submitting an Entry or in relation to the use and enjoyment of a Prize by the Winner gained through any Competition, except where death or personal injury is caused by the negligence or fraud of EquiComps, or that of their agents, distributors, or employees. The Winner’s statutory rights are not affected.
- The liability of EquiComps to each Entrant is limited to the value of the Entry Fees paid by that Entrant.
- EquiComps accepts no liability for errors or omissions contained within the description of any Prize awarded as part of any of the Competitions on the Website , or the Prize Value, or any other description or specification or any other part of the Website. It is the responsibility of each Entrant (and in particular the winner) to satisfy him/herself as to the accuracy of any such details and/or any content of the Website.
- EquiComps accepts no liability for errors or omissions caused by human error or technical faults within their technological infrastructure.
- EquiComps shall not be a trustee of any Entry Fees received, unless it is subject to a specific contractual agreement with an EquiComps Partner or Charity to act as such.
- EquiComps reserves the right to suspend or cancel any Competition at any time, either before or after Entries have been received. If a Competition is cancelled due to EquiComps actions and specifically not those of the EquiComps Partner or any other entity associated to the Competition, EquiComps will return the Entry Fees paid by each Entrant to their account. Where all the Entry Fees have been returned, EquiComps shall have no further liability to the Entrant or to any other person.
- Without prejudice, EquiComps reserves the right to cancel any Competition in the event that an order is made or a resolution is passed for the winding up of EquiComps, or an order is made for the appointment of an administrator to manage the affairs of EquiComps, or circumstances arise which entitle a court or creditor to appoint a receiver or manager or which entitle a court to make a winding up order, or EquiComps takes or suffers any analogous action in consequence of debt or an application to court for protection from its creditors is made.
- EquiComps reserves the right to make reasonable amendments to these Terms and Conditions at any time, with immediate effect upon publishing such amendments on the Website. Any such amendments shall not prejudice any Entries received prior to the time of such changes.
- These Terms and Conditions shall not create or be construed as creating any form of contract, joint venture or other agreement between any Entrant and EquiComps.
- All Competitions that EquiComps promotes, their administration and all associated activities shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales, and all parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.